Studio Lighting for Portrait Photography
In this course, photographer and teacher Natalie Fobes introduces the techniques behind lighting for portraiture. Its begins with a look at the role of light in setting the mood of a portrait, and then looks at the essential gear photographers need for continuous-light portraiture. The techniques shown are also applicable to strobe lighting. Common one-light and two-light lighting techniques, explaining exposure, metering considerations, and light modifiers are also introduced.
- Understanding lighting positions
- Deconstructing photos to study lighting
- Lighting a portrait for a Rembrandt pattern
- Backlighting in portraits
- Examining a four-light portrait scenario
- Lighting for different skin tones
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 PM
Audience: Any interested LSCFTA member
Location: 49 S. Portage, Westfield, NY; Upper Floor, Innovation Studio Room
Registration Required: Fill out the form below,. You will receive and email confirmation.