Introduction To Drawing
Introduction to Drawing
(3 Classes over 3 Weeks)
Instructor: Jody Wilmarth, an award-winning NYS Art Educator
Register for a total of 3 instructional classes over 3 weeks. Each class is 1 1/2 hours long.
- Class 1 is Wednesday, August 9th from 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Class 2 is Wednesday, August 16th from 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Class 3 is Wednesday, August 23rd from 10 AM to 11:30 AM
This introductory 3-part studio course in drawing emphasizes representation from direct observation. Drawing is fundamentally about learning to see, and to transport that vision onto paper through a variety of mark making techniques. The class will consist of in-class projects along with homework challenges that will supplement the in-class work. We will learn a variety of drawing techniques as well as explore the variety of drawing materials that are available.
- To acquire an understanding of the elements of art related to drawing.
- Gain an understanding of figure and ground and their role in a drawing.
- To work with the visual elements of line, shape, form, space, value, and texture in the creation of drawings.
- To demonstrate an understanding of contour line, positive & negative space, perspective, sighting of angles and measurements of relationships in drawing.
- To familiarize participants with basic skills and to encourage experimentation with techniques and materials, both traditional and non-traditional.
- To explore creative expression beyond preconceived boundaries.
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Location: 49 S. Portage, Upper Floor, Innovation Studio, Westfield, NY 14787
Materials: All required materials will be provided for each registered participant at no charge
Audience: Any interested adult who has successfully registered (class size is limited)
Registration required: Send an email with contact information and the class you wish to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below. You will receive an email confirmation